Prior to Zaytuna College
He was born in Diyarbakir, Turkey. He started his classical training in his childhood by studying fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), Arabic and Aqīdah (Creedal Theology) under the tutelage of his father, Shaykh Nuri Yamac. Then he began studying the traditional Islamic Sciences at various madrasas in Konya, Diyarbakir and eastern Turkey. After having graduated from these madrasas, he continued his classical Islamic education, travelling to Damascus, Syria in 2000 and studying with various scholars there. He received Ijazahs from numerous scholars in Turkey, Damascus and India. He has taught courses for almost 20 years in Arabic grammar and morphology, Kalām, Logic, Ādāb al-bahth wal-munādharah (Argumentation Theory), Wad’ (Philosophy of Language), Balāghah (Rhetoric) and other subjects of the Islamic sciences. He is Founder of Dil, Bilim ve Kültür Araştırmaları Derneği (The Association for Research in Language, Science and Culture) in Diyarbakir and has served as Chair and Lecturer there. He has also been Chair of Classical Islamic Sciences at İSAR Vakfı (Istanbul Foundation for Research and Education) and Lecturer at İSM (Center for Arts and Sciences) in Istanbul.
Languages: Kurdish, Turkish, Arabic, Ottoman, Turkish, Persian, and English.
- Glossary of Abhari’s Isaghoji in Classical Logic, translation with commentary from Arabic to Kurdish (In progress)
- Translation of the “Waladiyyah” in the Science of Argumentation Theory, translated from Arabic to Turkish (Unpublished)
- Amthila, Diagrams of Conjugating Verbs and Declining Nouns, translation with commentary from Arabic and Ottoman Turkish to English (Unpublished)
- “Cumhuriyet Döneminde Medreseler: Alet İlimlerinin Mahiyeti, Önemi ve Gayesi” [The Nature, Importance and Purpose of the Classical Sciences], Rihla 13, pp. 33-40
- 1998 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Ikinjī al-Ghursī, in all the Classical Islamic Sciences, Konya, Turkey
- 2000 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Muḥammad Nūr Orak, in all the Classical Islamic Sciences, Diyarbakır, Turkey
- 2003 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Professor Shaykh Nūr ad-Dīn ‘Itr, in Hadith Studies, Damascus, Syria
- 2010 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Muḥammad Emīn Er al-Mirānī, in all the Classical Islamic Sciences, Ankara, Turkey
- 2011 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Husni Geçer, in all the Classical Islamic Sciences (rational and transmitted), Istanbul, Turkey
- 2013 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Sa‘īd Aḥmad Palanpūrī, in Hadith Studies, Deoband, India
- 2013 Ijāzah ‘Ilmiyyah, Shaykh Muḥammad Rabi‘ al-Nadwī, in Hadith Studies, Lucknow, India