Prior to Zaytuna College
Dr. Bazian is a Teaching Professor in the Departments of Near Eastern and Ethnic Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Bazian is an adviser to the Religion, Politics, and Globalization Center at UC Berkeley. In 2009, he founded the Islamophobia Research and Documentation Project at UC Berkeley, Editor-in-Chief of the Islamophobia Studies Journal and Founder and Director of the International Islamophobia Studies Consortium. Dr. Bazian is on the board of several organizations, including the Islamic Scholarship Fund, Muslim Legal Fund of America and Muslim Americans for Palestine, for which he is also the founding president.
- Annotations on Race, Colonialism, Islamophobia, Islam and Palestine. AMRIT Publishers, 2017.
- Palestine, … it is Something colonial, AMRIT Publishers, 2016.
- Jerusalem in Islamic Consciousness: A Textual Survey of Muslim Claims and Rights to The Sacred City. Al-Quds Press, 2006.
- "Islamophobia: Fear, Bigotry, and Racism Find the Ballot Box in the 2010 Midterm Elections." CAIR’s Annual Islamophobia Report "Same Hate, New Target," Summer 2011.
- Virtual Internment: Arabs, Muslims, and Southeast Asians, and the War on Terrorism.
- The Journal of Islamic Law and Culture, DePaul University, volume 9, Issue 1, Spring 2006.
Education: Ph.D., Philosophy and Islamic Studies, University of California, Berkeley. B.A., International Relations, Middle East Emphasis, SFSU B.A., Speech and Communication, Organization of Communication, SFSU.