Prior to Zaytuna College
From 2004-2011, he resided in Amman, Jordan, where he studied traditional Islamic sciences with distinguished scholars, and received diplomas and teaching licenses (ijāzāt) upon completion. He has translated classical Arabic texts on theology, law, and ethics. He served as an instructor at the Qasid Institute, and also teaches for SeekersHub Global and the Deen Intensive Foundation.
- Al-Shurunbulali, Abu ’l-Ikhlas Hasan b. Ammar (Trans. Faraz A. Khan). Ascent to Felicity (Maraqi ’l-Sa`adat). London: White Thread Press, 2010.
- “Can Materialism Explain the Mind?,” Renovatio, Volume 1, Issue 1, 2017.
- Nur al-Din Sabuni’s A Prolegomenon to Islamic Theology (Al-Bidaya fi Usul al-Din) - unpublished translation with annotation.
- Nahlawi’s Uncovered Pearls of the Lawful and Prohibited - forthcoming translation with annotation, God-willing.
- Sanusi’s Creed: The Matrix of Demonstrative Proofs (Umm al-Barahin) - unpublished translation with annotation.
- Abhari’s Primer in Logic (Isagoge) - unpublished translation with annotation
Education: Diplomas in Traditional Islamic Studies, Markaz Anwar al-Ulema, Amman, 2008-2011. Traditional Islamic Studies, Amman, 2005-2011. Classical Arabic Program, Qasid Institute, Amman, 2004-2005. B.A., Biology, University of Texas, Austin, 2000.