About Zaytuna College
Zaytuna College is America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing conversation of great ideas, which is informed largely by shifting Western values, and to do so within the context of our new, globalized society and in the manner articulated by the College’s mission statement: “To educate and prepare morally committed professionals, intellectuals, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.”
The Office of Student Life holds a vital partnership with the college’s faculty members to ensure a healthy, supportive, and safe student environment that reinforces curricular learning objectives outside the classroom.
The Student Life Coordinator reports to the Director or Assistant Director of Student Life. The position facilitates and often manages the operation of programs, policies, and standards managed by the Office of Student Life. It is responsible for performing a wide range of confidential administrative and office management duties including but not limited to recordkeeping, document preparation, scheduling, expense management, special meeting or event arrangements, and communications with students and faculty. The position requires a quick acquisition of knowledge regarding Zaytuna College and the basic operational elements of a small liberal arts, faith-based college.
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive.
1. Provide the first line of administrative support to the director and assistant director in their execution of the office’s goals and strategic priorities, which includes liaising as a representative of the office with others and preparing correspondence.
2. Project manage tasks and programs with timely monitoring and communications to facilitate progress.
3. Interact with students in a professional, confidential, and exemplary manner at all times.
4. Lead, emcee, or observe student events, whether initiated by the college or by students.
5. Understand, implement, and enforce student policies relevant to campus and residential life.
6. Coordinate office and committee meetings, including set-up, minutes, and communications.
7. Collaborate effectively with other offices as needed, primarily the teams that oversee event management, facilities maintenance, and campus security, while always supporting alignment to academic objectives.
8. Prepare and maintain office files on programs and students, which includes historical institutional records, according to college standards of documentation, confidentiality, and excellence.
9. Maintain the student life and services calendar, including scheduling and reservations.
10. Assume responsibility for inventory management, distribution, and collection of sunnah sports equipment and apparel and other supplies for the office
11. Manage the office’s budget, including expenses, invoices, and contracts, adhering to accounting protocols.
12. Occasionally provide college tours, when additional support is needed.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum education of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At least 5 years of professional experience in program management and administrative support
Experience in a higher education environment
Experience working with faith-based populations
Experience with program or event coordination
Agility in managing and prioritizing multiple different priorities at a given time
Effectively work independently and in collaboration with offices of different focus areas
Strict adherence to standards of confidentiality
Effective, clear written and verbal communication skills for professional documents
Strong attention to detail while managing multiple sets of information
Ability to work in an environment with several high-impact deadlines
Strong service orientation and inter-relational skills
Proficient level of Microsoft Office and A/V meeting and communication tools
Cultural fit (a small, developing, and faith-based organization)
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Successful completion of a background check
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject.
Zaytuna College is an equal opportunity employer.