About Zaytuna College
Zaytuna College is America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing conversation of great ideas, which is informed largely by shifting Western values, and to do so within the context of our new, globalized society and in the manner articulated by the College’s mission statement: “to educate and prepare morally committed professionals, intellectuals, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.”
The registrar and academic services coordinator reports to the provost and serves as the college registrar and supports several critical academic planning, compliance, and assessment activities. The registrar is responsible for performing a wide variety of skilled duties including but not limited to end-to-end management of student records for all academic programs, administration of the student information system in support of all offices, management of classroom management tools (MS Teams and others), student registration, transfer credit management, graduation degree audits, oversight of transcripts and diplomas, class scheduling, course catalog management, academic policy review and development, college catalog and handbook project management, and administrative support for academic committees. The academic services coordinator develops resources for career and academic counseling, supports the College’s accreditation liaison officer with self-studies and site visits, maintains critical assessment data, supports faculty committees in program reviews, and facilitates other assessment activities such as administration, analysis, and reporting of student and alumni data, course evaluations, student interviews, and other student surveys. The position requires a quick acquisition of knowledge regarding Zaytuna College and a strong understanding of the operational elements of a small college.
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive.
1. Performs general and day-to-day duties to fully execute the functions of a registrar, liaising with all stakeholders, including students, alumni, faculty, and staff members in the offices of faculty affairs, student life, admissions, financial aid, accounting, facilities, and event management.
2. Maintains the complete life cycle of student and alumni data and shares it with other offices as appropriate in accordance with the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity. Is responsible for ensuring accurate, complete, and reliable current and past student records at all times.
3. Serves as the primary administrator of the student information system and other classroom management tools.
4. Processes, manages, and reviews all types of registrations, transfer credits, proficiency assessments, and completion of graduation requirements, with minimal supervision.
5. Maintains the online course catalog, class schedules, and academic policies. Manages the annual review of the college catalog and related student handbooks.
6. Serves as a member of academic and other committees, as needed.
7. Works closely with faculty to support their program assessment efforts.
8. Works closely with the college’s accreditation liaison officer to maintain strong records and support academic integrity throughout the college.
9. Facilitates the administration, analytics, and reporting of various assessment activities, including but not limited to student and alumni data, course evaluations, student interviews, student surveys, and other assessments.
10. As needed, receives and hosts guests and provides tours on behalf of the provost.
11. Develops resources to support students in pursuit of their professional and postgraduate interests; if qualified, provide academic and career counseling to students.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Education and Experience
Minimum education of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At least three years of professional experience in an educational environment doing program management, records management, data analysis, student counseling, and/or compliance
Preferred Education and Experience
Degree or other credentials in the fields of higher education, academic counseling, or educational policy and compliance
Experience in a postsecondary education environment
Experience working with diverse student populations
Ability to work within and on relatively new organizations/initiatives
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Ability to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive tasks
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Strong data analytical skills and technical ability with databases and systems
Strong service orientation and superior relationship skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Superior attention to detail
High degree of responsiveness and flexibility
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and A/V meeting and communication tools
Ability to work effectively both independently and in collaboration with others at varying levels
Legal authorization to work in the United States
Successful completion of a background check
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Zaytuna College is an equal opportunity employer