About Zaytuna College
Zaytuna College is America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing conversation of great ideas, which is informed largely by shifting Western values, and to do so within the context of our new, globalized society and in the manner articulated by the College’s mission statement: “to educate and prepare morally committed professionals, intellectuals, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.”
This position assists the marketing department with writing and editing by maintaining and refining the college’s editorial and aesthetic style.
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Write in a clear, concise, and persuasive tone reflective of the style of Zaytuna College.
- Create and copyedit emails and print and online materials.
- May provide other services for promotional materials, such as assisting with video scripts, web pages, and redesign projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or a related field
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or English
- Two years of experience in marketing, journalism, publishing, or a related field
- Adept working knowledge of American Muslim intellectual and public discourse; familiarity with the work of scholars associated with Zaytuna College; and familiarity with Zaytuna College’s intellectual mission
- Knowledge of marketing best practices
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual Style
- Excellent writing, research, and editing skills
- Ability to proofread
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Project management skills
- Tenacity, strong work ethic, and a desire to constantly improve and share insights
- Cultural adaptiveness
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Successful completion of a background check
- Email your cover letter, a writing sample of 800-1,000 words, and resume to [email protected]
- Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Zaytuna College is an
equal opportunity employer.