About Zaytuna College
Zaytuna College is America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college that offers a bachelor of arts degree in Islamic law and theology and a master’s degree in Islamic texts. The College aims to help restore the centrality of the pursuit of knowledge among Muslims, which has always been the hallmark of Islamic tradition. The primary mission of the College is “to educate and prepare morally committed professionals, intellectuals, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.” A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing Western conversation of great ideas within the context of our new globalized society informed largely by shifting Western values.
Donor relations associates are responsible for communicating with our donors and providing support in the areas of donor relations, gift processing, and achieving fundraising goals. The donor relations associates provide assistance to prospective, new, and existing donors via telephone and email, regarding recurring gifts and donor records; deliver respectful, timely, and accurate donor services, including credit card activations, changes, and deactivations; make calls and update donor records in Raiser’s Edge and via Zaytuna’s online donation website; answer donors’ questions on the phone and through email; and troubleshoot gift-processing issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
· Make daily calls and email communications to donors to assist them in recovering their donations from credit card payment exceptions, with a focus on attaining revenue recovery targets on a weekly basis
· Work on revenue recovery from various areas (e.g., reports generated, fund verification, international donors), including issues with credit card gifts, new activations, changes, and deactivations
· Create, maintain, and update donor and gift records via the Zaytuna CRM system (Raiser's Edge) in a timely and accurate manner
· Record donor interactions in various areas, such as the CRM, project management software, and shared documents
· Provide assistance to donors with gifts, receipts, and other requests
· Support Development Department projects and initiatives (e.g., data audits and record maintenance), as required
· Organize and report on information gathered through calls and revenue recovery (e.g., donor solicitations, inquiries, event location preferences)
· Contact Zaytuna supporters, as needed, to create an awareness of upcoming events, solicit donations, and answer questions
· Collaborate effectively with team members, while focusing on contacting and assisting donors regarding upcoming events
· Provide courteous and timely assistance to potential, new, and existing donors via telephone and email correspondence
· Process gifts on a daily basis
· Organize and monitor database cleanup for physical files and the gift system
· Assist in script creation for various call and email correspondence
· Monitor and complete donor mailings for the annual giving program
· Support the advancement team on various tasks, as prioritized by director of advancement, operations, and systems
· Set up and maintain matching gift programs via the agency’s website portal
· Generate seasonal and/or weekly reports
· Keep detailed records and initiate proper donor follow-up, as needed
· Receive and sort incoming mail
· Answer questions and inquiries from visitors and third-party vendors
· Occasionally give quick tours to visitors of the College from out of town
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Minimum of two years of work experience
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Previous experience in data entry desired
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well organized and with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to quickly learn new computer and internet applications
- Willingness to listen to instructions and to accept and improve from critiques, coaching, and training
- Ability to communicate with donors in a respectful, friendly, and professional manner
- Attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Cultural fit
Email all application materials, which must include a resume and a cover letter, to [email protected]. Include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.
Zaytuna College is an equal opportunity employer.