Audio Visual Specialist
|Audio Visual Specialist
|Regular, full-time (40 hours/week)
About Zaytuna College
Zaytuna College is America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing conversation of great ideas, which is informed largely by shifting Western values, and to do so within the context of our new, globalized society and in the manner articulated by the College’s mission statement: “to educate and prepare morally committed professionals, intellectuals, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.”
Our team is looking for an experienced candidate who is proficient in audio-visual technology, particularly in setting up and recording live events. The candidate should also have experience as a natural photographer and videographer who can capture the essence of campus life and events.
The candidate should also have flexibility in work hours as evening hours or weekends are sometimes required.
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with both pre-production, live production, and post-production tasks for photography and videography.
- Regularly take photos of daily campus life and College events, and share them real-time with the marketing team; work closely with marketing on this workflow
- Assists with set-up and breakdown of AV gear used for live events and recordings.
- Ability to travel locally and rarely out of state to record Zaytuna events and student activity.
- Available to work odd hours, including some nights and weekends for events and activity.
- Additional audiovisual-related tasks and calendaring as needed which may not be explicitly stated on this list
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in related field or a combination of transferable work experience/certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Track record of successfully working in an Audiovisual Assistant capacity.
- Desire to learn new AV-related hardware and software.
- Proficiency with Apple Final Cut Pro and/or Davinci Resolve video editing applications.
- Proficiency with the following Adobe software: Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator.
- Experience with livestream events.
- Appreciation for working in a religious environment, particularly a Muslim environment.
Contact information for 3 References
Email all application materials to: email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter and contact information for three references will not be considered.
Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Zaytuna College is an equal opportunity employer